An invitation to pray for help (v7-8)
- the invitation to ask, seek, and knock
- the progression from asking, seeking, and knocking
- the rewards of coming to God rightly and praying for help
- the surety--it will come about
- the manner in praying for help
- be persistent - verbs are in present imperative tense - "keep on..."
- be obedient (1 John 3:19-22)
- be in the will of God (1 John 5:13-14)
God's giving is infinitely better (v9-11)
- two rhetorical questions
- "how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to htose who ask him!"
God's goodnes (Psalm 116:68, Nahum 1:7)
- a continuous giver of good and perfect gifts (James 1:17)
What should we ask for?
- help (Psalm 121:1-2)
- open our eyes (Psalm 119:18)
- victory over fear (Psalm 34:4)
- protection & assurance (Psalm 3:1-4)